Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Footprint by Ibn Ghalib



The first time I saw this poem, it was the first poem in the first chapter of a book of poetry, The Soul Is Here For Its Own Joy, a book from which I plan to read many poems in the course of this blog.

He is called Ibn Ghalib in the book, but is more well known as Mirza Ghalib. He lived from 1797 to 1869, and wrote in both Urdu and Persian.

This is a poem that says "Everybody's waiting for the world to begin"

In this world of infinite possibility,
I look around for the second step
of desire --
All I see is one footprint!

The Footprint - Ibn Ghalib by douglasbass

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Going On Here?

Pretty much what the tagline says. I'm reciting poems I like, and making mashups of poems I like with the music for which my ear hungers when I read and think of these poems. It is my sincere hope that other lovers of these poems will do likewise.