Friday, September 21, 2012

"Who Makes These Changes?" by Rumi


Maybe it hasn't taken you as many whuppins as it took Rumi to arrive at a godly suspicion of your hankerings, itches and desires.

Who makes these changes?
I shoot an arrow right.
It lands left.
I ride after a deer and find myself
Chased by a hog.
I plot to get what I want
And end up in prison.
I dig pits to trap others
And fall in.

I should be suspicious
Of what I want.

This poem is available in a number of books, including The Essential Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Going On Here?

Pretty much what the tagline says. I'm reciting poems I like, and making mashups of poems I like with the music for which my ear hungers when I read and think of these poems. It is my sincere hope that other lovers of these poems will do likewise.