Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Autumn by Patience Stewart


The original plan of this blog was to showcase poetry that went with the time of year.  I haven't done all that well in following that plan, but I found an autumn poem.  I am not only pleased with finding an autumn poem, but I am pleased to introduce Patience Stewart.  While she's not yet known as a poet, my putting up her poem in this space is my way of prophesying that she will be known as a poet one day.  The fact that she had an autumnal photo was an added bonus.

Autumn

Vintage and rust is an old heat,
just starting to cool
Tired sunshine hiding her face
Spiced tang rustling in the gently reproachful air
The familiarity of cinnamon cider
A shard of dew on an abandoned spider's web.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Going On Here?

Pretty much what the tagline says. I'm reciting poems I like, and making mashups of poems I like with the music for which my ear hungers when I read and think of these poems. It is my sincere hope that other lovers of these poems will do likewise.