Sunday, January 22, 2012

Van Morrison's Music With Emily Dickinson's Poetry





In the days when people recorded songs on vinyl, the instrumental "Scandinavia" was the last song on the second side of the Van Morrison album "Beautiful Vision," a happy signoff for an album in which Morrison was constructing a new sonic and emotional palette which would serve him well for the next decade.



As I read Emily Dickinson's poem about Lapland, northern winds and Norwegian wines, I recalled this song, which I haven't thought of for 20 years or so.

This is my first attempt at Penny A Poem to mix music and poetry together. I would be very interested in any comments.

I Think The Hemlock Likes To Stand - Scandinavia Mix by douglasbass

This poem can be found in "The Complete Poems of Emily Dickenson"

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Going On Here?

Pretty much what the tagline says. I'm reciting poems I like, and making mashups of poems I like with the music for which my ear hungers when I read and think of these poems. It is my sincere hope that other lovers of these poems will do likewise.